University of Alberta West African Music Ensemble
Welcome to the West African Music Ensemble's Wiki page! Here you will find links to song lyrics, audio clips and links to specific class terms. In each term's section there are brief summaries video from specific classes.
Short link: http://bit.ly/ua-wame
Dagbamba music and dance
Ewe Music/Dance Styles
Here you will find information about the music/dance styles that have been taught in the West African Music Ensemble over the years.
Drum pattern grids, and hopefully some animation as well.
- David Locke's Drum Gahu
- Dagbe, Volta Region, Ghana
- National Theatre of Ghana
- Gahu drumming analysis
- University of Ghana performance
- This world music - an amazing mixer that lets you hear all the parts.
If anyone has decent quality audio recordings from class that they wish to post, let us know and we'll show you how.
Classes and Comments
Remember there is a potluck October 10th!
November 15, 2007
- World Music Sampler, 8pm, Convocation Hall, Old Arts Building. FREE!
- meeting time: no later than 5:30
Canadian Centre for Ethnomusicology
This page also contains other links, and if you have any suggestions about other interesting sites, please pass them on.