We strongly encourage University of Alberta students taking UKR 300/400 "Ukrainian Through its Living Culture I / II" to apply to one of the following foundations and/or community organizations to obtain financial support:
- The Ukrainian Foundation for College Education (UFCE) Trust offers a Bursary Program for Studying in Ukraine. Apply by the deadline: February 28, 2014 [Application].
- The Alberta Foundation for Ukrainian Education Society (AFUES), in Partnership with the Ukrainian Professional and Business Club of Edmonton, offers a $300 scholarship for the “Ukrainian Through Its Living Culture” course in Lviv. For a description of the AFUES criteria, see Application.
- The Ivan Franko School of Ukrainian Studies has a “Ukraine Travel Award.” Deadline: March 1 (Contact the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies directly: Description and Application.)
- Education Abroad Individual Award (Deadline: Monday, January 12, 2015). For details visit the official site.
- The Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko offers grants for summer study. Grant application deadline is March 1. We encourage all those wishing to study in Lviv this summer to apply. [Application, Education Program Checklist, and Registration Form]. When filling out the Ukrainian Canadian Foundation of Taras Shevchenko Grant Application, write the following under “Charitable organization”:
Other options for financial support
- Students may contact Ukrainian Social Services 780.471.4477 (in the past, students received $200-300 in support)
- Students may contact “Lions club,” or Rotary and Men’s Clubs at their parishes.
- Students are encouraged to contact other Ukrainian Organizations for financial support.
University of Alberta International – Education Abroad Program
$$ Study Abroad Awards $$
- Help finance your study abroad program with one or more study abroad awards
- Open to U of A undergraduate and graduate students in ALL faculties
- With so much funding available, you can’t afford not to go abroad!
Award Deadline: Monday, January 17, 2011
- Rod & Judith Fraser International Undergraduate Learning Award
- Dr. Horst A. Schmid Travel Bursary
- John & Lorena Woronuk Dentistry International Award