Proposed Plan for the Second Day of DH
Revision as of 19:48, 4 November 2009 by GeoffreyRockwell
The following a draft plan for how to run the second Day of Digital Humanities.
Questions and Issues
- Do we want to run it again?
- What do we hope to achieve?
- Should we use the same technology?
- Can we provide not only an RSS but also a live blog-like feed that can be read with images inline.
- Identify a date
- Inform the participants of the last round and invite suggestions
- Send personalized invitations to all the participants from the last round
- Set up a form for new and old participants to register to participate. Do we include the request for a definition of digital humanities? Do we ask for the same information?
- Send out invitations to lists
- Set up a twitter tag and invite by twitter
- Review applications again
- Review ethics application and resubmit. It would be good to deal differently with the photo issue.
- Ask participants for suggestions on technology. Do we want to try another technology?
- Review the instructions and edit. It would be nice to provide better instructions on tagging and how to do entries.
- Set up the technology and test it.
- Announce the Day of DH to relevant media so it can be followed.
- Send around instructions before hand, especially around the inclusion of images.
- Have a great day!