Walkerton Glocke (Die Ontario Glocke)
Walkerton Glocke was a German language newspaper founded in February 1870 in Walkerton, Ontario by John Klein, who was the editor, proprietor and printer simultaneously. In 1878, John A. Rittinger became the owner and editor of the newspaper. In 1882, Walkerton Glocke was renamed Die Ontario Glocke and became an eight-page weekly. It resembled its Ontario German contemporaries in appearance and general arrangement. The contents included professional notices, foreign and local news, feuilleton, humor, advertisements, poetry, and articles of general interests. Die Ontario Glocke continued its publication until 1904 when it was amalgamated with the Berliner Journal.
Minority media language
Minority media type
1870 - 1904
Head Office Location
Worldcat, http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1007187387 (Retrieved January 15, 2019)